Our process includes the completion of an application. For dogs, click HERE. For cats, click HERE. Upon completion of the application we will:
- Contact your vet for information on current and previous animals. It is critical that you have authorized your vet to release information to us.
- If you are a renter, we will contact your landlord for verification of animal acceptance, or you can provide a copy of your lease.
- Complete a background check using publicly available information.
- If applying to adopt a dog, we will complete a home visit which requires all household members to be present.
- After the approval is complete you will be free to meet our animals. When meeting dogs, all members of the household as well as any dogs will be required to meet prior to finalizing any adoption.
PLEASE NOTE: We will NOT adopt puppies under 6 months of age to families with children under 8 years of age.
Our process is thorough and allows us to make every effort to identify the right match for your family. Please be forthcoming of all information during the process as that is what allows us to find the match. Adding a new family member is FOREVER and will adjust your free time, finances and overall life style. Animal adoption is a serious decision.
JR's Pups-N-Stuff, Inc. is a volunteer based organization. Most volunteers have full time jobs and families. Our dedication to helping each and every animal find the right match can take time. Please understand and be patient during the process. Thank you.